02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Southern Living Idea House....Part 4 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Southern Living Idea House....Part 4

34




Today is the final day of our little tour of the Southern Living Idea House. You can catch up on all the designer goodness by reading Part One and Part Two and Part Three.

We will be looking at the cottages today, and believe me they were beautifully decorated and very cozy in all their smallness.

The main house was connected on either side to 2 little freestanding houses. Can you just picture something like this at the edge of a large farm pond that has a big dock for fishing and a zipline to splash into the water? Me, too!

Most of these pictures are from my FAVORITE cottage, which welcomes visitors with this fabulous porch. All the porches get a huge A+ from me-good job architects!



I am crazy about the Ballard Design furniture, especially those tables. I love the cloche thingy, too.

Hold on to your hats, good stuff ahead.










Isn't that room gorgeous? Everytime I look at these pictures I see something else I love-layers and layers of pretty.

The bones of the room are so nice, and I love all the finishing touches. 

And then this bathroom......





Isn't it spectacular? 

The walls, the tower things-it is just so dang pretty!

I'm sorry, but after the first cottage took my breath away, the other 3 were just really "nice".

What do you think?





Of course, we can't forget the family pet, who must also have a cute home.


With its own weathervane!


I also want to give a shout out to the landscape designers because they did a bang-up job, too. The grounds are just beautiful.

That's it, girls. 

Our visit to the Idea house is done, and I know for sure that if we are anywhere in the vicinity of next year's Southern Living House, we will be stopping. It was totally worth the couple of hours we spent. The magazine pictures don't do it justice and my photos don't either.

You need to see this place for yourself.

I'd love to know what you like about these spaces, so let's hear about it in the comments!
Photobucket

Linking up to.....
Between Naps on the Porch

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38