02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Weight Watcher Wednesday 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Weight Watcher Wednesday

34

                          Yes, this.


 I tried  for a month to jump start my "diet" on my own after growing a food baby (borrowed that term from another blogger-perfect description, don't you think?) during the month from Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(I blame this , or it could have been these.)

It just wasn't happening, so I bit the bullet, drug out my credit card, revved up the old computer and joined Weight Watchers online.....AGAIN.

This is the third or fourth or fifth or maybe sixth time for me, and I know from experience that WW works.

The first time, about 6 years ago,  I got rid of about 12 extra pounds and from then on, I have tried not to let my weight go up more than 5 pounds without doing something about it.

Some people think that is just dumb, but it has worked for me, so who cares what "they" think?

I did learn early on not to admit on the WW message boards that I only have a few pounds to lose. No sympathy there!

I get it though.

Anyway, this time I am trying to end my love affair with sugar and sweets so maybe I will develop the will power to just say no to the foods that trigger my overeating episodes.

No one needs a dozen cookies at one sitting, do they?

I found this recipe for muffins in one of the little flyers in our local paper, and they are GOOD, checking in at 6 WW points plus.  Sometimes I need a breakfast I can take out the door with me, and these muffins do the trick.

Cranberry Muffins

1 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
2 t. finely grated orange rind
3/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/3 c. applesauce
1 1/2 c. chopped dried cranberries
3/4 c. chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease about 12 c. of muffin tins.
2. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Combine milk, egg and applesauce in a separate bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir well.
4. Add cranberries and walnuts. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full. Can sprinkle tops with sugar, but I didn't.
5. Bake 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.

Now, dear friends, I would love to hear about your favorite low cal recipe. Do you have any to share?

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38