02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Sugar, Anyone? Part 2 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sugar, Anyone? Part 2

34
I posted Thursday about all of my holiday baking.



I see another round of Weight Watchers in my very near future. How about you?

Oh well, that is a worry for another day, December 26, to be exact.

boo.

I had a request for the recipe for my cookies, so here goes....

Andes Mint Cookies

These are from my sister-in-law and are DELICIOUS. She submitted this recipe to a local magazine and it was selected for publication.

3/4 margarine (I use butter in all my cookies.)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. water
1 (12 ounce) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
1 box Andes Mints

Melt margarine, water and sugar in a large microwave safe bowl  Immediately add chocolate chips Stir until melted. Let cool 10 minutes. Add flour, salt  baking soda and eggs. Mix thoroughly . Chill at least 1 hour. Roll teaspoon of dough into a ball and put on foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350. After removing from oven immediately top each cookie with 1/2 Andes mint. Let soften, then swirl with back of spoon.

I managed to put the majority of these cookies in the freezer instead of my stomach, so that was a win. 

However, my husband -the one with the metabolism of a jack rabbit-has already gotten them out and they are almost gone. I may need to make more before Christmas Eve. 

By the way, he won't gain an ounce over the holidays and has never suffered a moment of eater's remorse.

What is fair about that? 

Hope you enjoy your Saturday, and if you are still shopping, I hope you get the best bargains EVER!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38