02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Sugar, Anyone? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sugar, Anyone?

34

I haven't wrapped a single present, and I don't have my menu made for our family Christmas Eve dinner.

For that matter, I'm not 100% sure I have a gift for everyone yet.

But, I'll get it all done...sooner or later.

On this windy, windy day with a little snow in the air, I have been busy listening to Christmas music....

and making my mom's cinnamon rolls



....and my sister in law's Andes Mint Cookies



and my dear-sort of- aunt's pineapple cookies.




In between making icing and sampling WAY TOO MANY COOKIES, I am also working on this cute little vintage camper project for my sister's birthday. She was born on Christmas Day!  


I purchased the pattern from Sublime Stitching, and I'm putting it in the center of a very old quilt block our grandma made. It must have been a reject or leftover because it is the only one like it I found in her old quilt projects when she went to live with Jesus.

I love it and I think Amy will too.


It has been awhile since I played in my embroidery floss, but I think I may just have the bug again.

Note to self: you don't need more thread. Wink!

If you are looking for an easy Cinnamon roll recipe, this is for you. The dough kneads like a dream and, trust me, these are yummy, yummy!

We will call them:

 Farmhouse Cinnamon Rolls............

6 cups bread flour
2 pkg. yeast ( I use active dry)
3 c. warm water ( made sure mine was the temp recommended on the yeast)
2 t. salt
1 yellow cake mix

I mix all the dry ingredients together, including the yeast, and then add the water. Mix and knead the dough until it is kind of bubbly. Put it in a large greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until double. I think this takes about an hour or so. I kind of lost track of time, but you will be able to tell.

Sorry.

Using one half of the dough at a time, roll out into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Pour about 1/2 stick of melted butter over it and then sprinkle with half of your cinnamon sugar mixture. I used about 1 1/2 c. sugar and a T. of cinnamon, but you can adjust it to your own liking. Roll up starting with long sides of the rectangle and then slice about one inch thick. Place in lightly greased pan. Repeat with remainder of dough. Let rise another hour or so. Bake 350 for about 20 minutes or until you think they are done.

Ice with the powdered sugar icing of your choice.

I hope you are having a relaxing, stress- free day,  but if you aren't, please turn on the Christmas music and have yourself a cookie...or two...or three!
Photobucket

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38