02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Worship Wednesday....Speak Life 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Worship Wednesday....Speak Life

34



I am hosting my first linky party and I would love to have you join me.

There are no party decorations, no chocolate, and you don't have to get all dressed up to come.You will get a HUGE party favor if you attend-sweet communion with Jesus, the guest of honor, as you listen to music that praises HIM. I invite you to link up a post that shares with the rest of us Christian music that is ministering to you in this season in your life.
 
Hello, Dolls!

Let's talk about POWER today.

Or maybe you are like me and may be feeling powerless this morning. Your world may be rocked by circumstance and conflict. You may feel like you are in the middle of a cyclone, whirlwind, tornado, hurricane, tsunami-maybe it is one you helped create, or maybe you find yourself in the center of a controversy that you had no hand in starting.

It is not a comfortable place to be, but God has not left us powerless.

Our power comes from the little muscle that resides in our mouth... our tongue. We can fan the flames of hurt feelings and anger, using our words to help stir up dissension.

OR

We can put on the armour of God, which includes putting the gospel of PEACE on our feet, carrying God's love and grace with us wherever we go.

We have a choice to make-will we bring our Savior with us into every situation, leaving everywhere we go more peaceful or will we leave situations more stirred up?

Negativity is a serious contagious disease, and people quickly jump on its bandwagon.

A positive attitude is also contagious and "the cure" I want to spread. How about you?

Currently, I am reading Romans in The Message and have been reading these verses over and over from Romans 14.......

"So let's agree to use all our energy in getting along with each other. Help others with encouraging words; don't drag them down by finding fault."
Conflicts happen in governments, friendships, families, churches.  I am not a total Pollyanna. I know people will not always get along, but there is a way to handle disagreements without destroying one another.

How we resolve them as Christians is so important. The world is watching.

I heard this song by Toby Mac and he says exactly what I am trying to say, only he says it better and with a good beat.....



          

I don't know about you, but I, with God's help, am going to use my tongue to SPEAK LIFE even when I don't really want to. Hold me accountable, would you?


Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38