02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: What I am Loving in February 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What I am Loving in February

34

Hello, Dear Readers!


I am celebrating this Leap Day reflecting about what I enjoyed this month. At the end of January, I challenged myself and you (#imnotthebossofyou) to live more intentionally during the 28 days of the love month. You can read that post here.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I really met my goal of living intentionally, but time marched on anyway as it is prone to do.

Thank goodness God gives do overs. I don't want to waste my days on things that don't have value, and I'm sure you don't either. Note to self: stop mindless scrolling

Without further self flagellation, here is my February list.

Things I am Loving in February:


1. This Ministry: Casas Por Christo

Christian after writing her favorite verse on a 2x4 in her family's new home. Isn't she a beauty?
Casas por Christo is a ministry that uses home building as a way to tell others about Jesus. If you want to learn more about this great cause or how to provide financial or physical support check out their website here. Brad or I would also love to answer any questions you may have.

This was a special month for us because we got to cross something off our bucket list. We joined a group of friends and family and took a mission trip to Acuna, Mexico. I'll write a post about it all soon. I just don't have the oomph to do it today since I am still suffering from "bus lag" after our 20+ hours on the people mover on our way home.

Tired but so blessed.

We partnered with this ministry headquartered in El Paso, Texas, to build a home for a pastor's family in the border city south of Del Rio, Texas. Our church paid $6900.00 for all the materials and the 15 people in our group joined our leader, Scott, to provide the labor.

Scott was our youth pastor many years ago, and we were so blessed to be able to spend time with him and his wife and children. Having him with us made a special thing even more delightful!

2. This Song: Let Love Win


Have you discovered the Sunday morning radio program Worship with Andy Chrisman? I found it on Tune-In radio and love listening to it as I get ready for church. Andy plays great music, interviews artists, and prepares our hearts for worship. He also introduces songs I probably would never have heard of otherwise, including this one by Carrolton, Let Love Win.

And it's just a bonus that this video includes hammer and nails after I just talked about Casas por Christo. God is so creative!

         


3. This book.....The Artisan Soul



Jeanne Oliver introduced me last year to this national best selling book written by Erwin Raphael McManus, a Christ follower. I'm reading it for the second time and am so inspired by it. We were created by the original artist to be creative ourselves-we ALL are artists in one way or another. Our entire life is a work of art.

The author encourages us to ask Big Questions.

What kind of life are we crafting- an artisan life with the Creator at the center as we use the imagination and gifts He gave us, or a soulless one with the voices of those around us directing our path?

(Pause for pondering.)

That is deep but important stuff. 

I know what the correct answer is, but it is hard not to let the negative voices in my own head drown out HIS cheering Spirit. Please tell me I'm not alone.

4. My New Spotify Playlist.....Free


My One Little Word for the year is FREE and I'm looking for it everywhere. These songs are blessing me big time and maybe they will you, too.

Here is the link if you want to give it a listen."Free"


That's if for this month, friends. I hope some of this encourages and blesses you so that you can pour it out to others.

Please share with us what YOU are loving!


Share |

Labels:

35 36 37 38