02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Are you Pumpkined Out?. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Are you Pumpkined Out?.

34




I hope not because I have my go-to pumpkin recipe to share with you today!

Fall at our house means lots of apple crisp, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin muffins. Since I have given up cookies (story to come one of these days), I only made them once this year.

Selfish, anyone?

Apple crisp and these muffins have shown up several times. And I'm making them again today to have on hand for a quick breakfast treat this weekend when we will have a houseful of company.

I love recipes with a story and that is one of the reasons I love this one...that and they are hands down the best pumpkin muffins I have found. When I was in high school, one of my friends baked this in tin cans and gave it as Christmas gifts. I loved the whole idea of it-and thought she was so Martha Stewart-y, even though no one had ever heard of Martha Stewart yet. Lynne gave me the recipe and I have made it over and over since then. The recipe card is faded and smudgy with a faint coating of flour. I have totally lost touch with Lynn, but I still think of her whenever I make this recipe.

I think you will love it, too. So, in honor of my high school chemistry buddy, Lynne, may I present:

Farm Favorite Pumpkin Muffins


3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. oil
2 c. canned pumpkin
3 1/3 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. pumpkin spice
2 t. soda
2/3 c. water
1 c. chocolate chips

Cream sugar, eggs, and oil.  Add pumpkin and mix. Add dry ingredients alternately with water. Add chips. Bake in muffin tins sprayed with Pam. Fill 2/3 full. Bake 20 minutes or so, depending on the size of your muffin tins. 

Hints:
1.These are better if you use fresh eggs from your mom's chickens.
2. Maybe your mother in law will give you some fresh pumpkin she baked and scooped out herself. ( I am using store-bought today..they will stay taste fine.)
3. I love my Pampered Chef big scoop for muffins. If you don't have one, you need one!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Photobucket

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38