02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Weeds and Wisdom 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Weeds and Wisdom

34

Like many of you, I spend a lot of time every week driving my car up and down the road rushing from this appointment to that. Much of the time, I don't look to the right or the left. I am "in my head" and not paying much attention to my surroundings.

This summer has been a little different for me. This year, my eyes have been drawn to the field ditches on both sides of my regular roadways.

And guess what I have been seeing?

The beauty that God places even there.


All of this has me thinking about the times I have felt rather "weed-like".

When I have felt like I wasn't pretty enough, or good enough, or valuable enough to be a part of the "real" display.


Or maybe unnoticed. Or just plain.


Not sure of my purpose.

These weeds remind me that God places beauty EVERYWHERE if we just take the time to notice.  Really, a weed is just a flower in the wrong place.

I have always loved the phrase "Bloom where you're planted."  And I have tried to do that.

So, if you are feeling like a weed today, choose a new way of thinking. Your Heavenly Father doesn't see you that way and you shouldn't either.

I love Psalm 56:8 in The Message

You've kept track of my every toss and turn
    through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
    each ache written in your book.

Isn't that comforting?  Sounds like someone cares VERY MUCH.

I love the way even dirty ditch water sparkles when the sun shines on it!


Let's quit putting ourselves down and claim that we are all beautiful and valuable in our Savior's eyes. What do you think, girls?


Photobucket

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38