02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: A Well Instructed Tongue 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Well Instructed Tongue

34
Isn't she adorable?

I am sitting in my favorite coffee shop doing what I do best.....procrastinating.

I have some time between appointments and should be working on my Holy Yoga Therapy homework, but instead I want to stop in and say hello to you, sweet blogging friends.

Have any of you done Breaking Free by Beth Moore? A group of friends and I are finishing up week two, and I just have to say, I now love the book of Isaiah. I have read through it a couple of times in the past, but we are really studying it now and I am getting a TON out of it.

The Bible is funny like that.

The Holy Spirit gives us just what we need when we are ready for it, and I'm ready for some FREEDOM!

God has been peeling layers off me the last couple of years, and even though it has been hard, I am enjoying the benefits of feeling lighter and leaving some of that old baggage behind.

Earlier this week, I was in the grocery store and saw a couple of women deep in conversation. As I pushed my cart past them, I couldn't help but overhear a little of their conversation. They were busy talking about another woman. I, of course, know nothing about what they were discussing and I'm not judging them, but this made me think about the females.

Why do so many of our conversations involve discussing other women, and usually not in a positive way?

James 3 tells us the tongue is like a fire. It can cause all kinds of damage.  Even though it is a very small part of our body, it can be deadly.

We use it to praise God one minute and talk about the creatures HE created and loves in the next breath.


We need to stop it. 

I need to stop it.

Then, I read this.......

Isaiah 50: 4

“The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.”

Don't you just love that? 

I want to have a well-instructed tongue.

A tongue that speaks the truth of Christ to the weary who come my way.

I want to listen and learn.

Can you imagine what would happen if God's children would use our tongues to show love, joy, peace, kindness, and gentleness to those we meet?

What would happen if we demonstrated more patience and self control?

Girls, it could change the world! 

I want some of that. How about you?

Photobucket

Linking up today to....

Rachel Wojo

Imparting Grace

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38