02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: This Body, A Temple? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

This Body, A Temple?

34
Months ago I began a journey towards a goal that I have had for some time. That goal is to become a certified yoga teacher.

I started doing yoga many years ago, and, girls, I love it.

I love the way it makes me feel so

flexible,
healthy,
strong,
centered.

Am I still aging? 

Yes.

Do I sometimes catch a glimpse of a neck in a mirror and wonder whose it is?  And take a big gulp when I realize it is mine? 

Yes.

But I am stronger now than I was 10 years ago.

I breathe deeply.

I appreciate my body, wrinkles and all.

During Old Testament times, God dwelled in the temple, in the Holy of Holies. The high priest would enter that holy place once a year to offer a sacrifice for the sins of the people. 

All that changed when Jesus (the perfect sacrifice) died on the cross, rose from the grave, and returned to His Father. Now the Holy Spirit lives in the people who have accepted the free gift HE offers to all.

That makes US the TEMPLE.

I don't know about you, but that blows my mind! 

I want to take care of my temple, and yoga helps me to do that.

When I began my search for a yoga certification program, I discovered that in most of them I would be required to do lots of reading that did not agree with the Bible.

At first, I thought I would just do the reading and move on. After all, I have been a Christian for years, and I know what the Bible says. I would be all right, wouldn't I?

However, I just didn't have any peace about it, so I kept looking. 

That is when I discovered Holy Yoga. This style of yoga combines the movement of yoga with worship.  Our text books included the Bible, the truth. This sounded like the perfect fit for me.

I am almost finished with my 225 hour training. After our week long retreat, I will take the certification test and begin teaching the students that God has been preparing for me. 

I may not be able to do a wheel pose yet, but yoga has taught me if I keep at it, there is hope! 


google images

Kind of sounds like a physical metaphor of our spiritual journey, doesn't it?

How about you? Are any of you yoga practitioners?


Photobucket

Linking up to .....

Imparting Grace

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38