02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: 12 Acts of Kindness 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

12 Acts of Kindness

34

A couple of weeks ago, our pastor preached a sermon about Solomon and suggested that we read a chapter in the book of Proverbs every day during the month of December  I thought that sounded like a wonderful idea, but have had some trouble following through. 

Imagine that!

This morning, I got caught back up, and I am so glad that I did. Solomon's words are so applicable today. We are so blessed to have available to us the wisdom that he was given by God. Wisdom that I think he learned the hard way. If you know anything about his life-that man searched for fun in all the wrong places!

I was especially touched by these words in Proverbs 12 from The Message........

                "The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller."

                "The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped."


My friend Debbie made or embellished a pair of mittens for all our mentors for our party last week. Aren't they cute?


Just in case you haven't looked at the calendar, today is 12-12-12. Someone on Facebook suggested doing 12 Random Acts of Kindness today.

I like this idea! 

This date won't roll around again in our lifetimes, so let's make it special. Want to join me?




If I get ambitious and all tech-y, I might even put up a linky party so we can share our posts if you want to blog about the experience.

Have a wonderful day being a blessing to others!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38