02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Wise Words 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Wise Words

34

I am still blue from the shocking news on Tuesday, and I am trying to follow my own advice from Wednesday, but it has been hard. I have never felt this way about a presidential-or any other-election before.

In an effort to shake off the doldrums, I thought I would share with you some of the quotes I have been collecting for the last few months.

Anyone else have a notebook in their purse where they jot down inspirational sayings? My cute little Orla Kiely book I got from the sale table at Anthropologie is almost full of my jottings and those of  our granddaughters' drawings and scribbles. They sit by us almost every Sunday and enjoy taking "notes" before they go to children's church. I will add this journal to my others to keep to show them when they get older. So sweet!

I hope you get a little inspiration from the quotes and my pics!



"Make every place I leave better than it was when I came; make everyone feel better than they did when I came."

"Look at everyone as if they have a sign on their foreheads saying 'Encourage me.'"


"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."   Justice Kilbride


"Be a multiplier not a diminish-er."


"Be a listener as well as a talker."

"We serve a God of second chances and new beginnings. We serve a God of love."

Aren't you glad? I know I am.

Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38