02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Mind Shift 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mind Shift

34
Blogging Buddies.

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am one disappointed farmwife this morning. I am shocked and surprised and disgusted about how the election turned out last night.

Friends and I have texted our worry back and forth. We heard from our kids about their concerns. For a few hours there, everything seemed to be doom and gloom.

I don't want the government to be my father or husband, but apparently half of America does.

We just finished studying about the period of the Judges in the Old Testament, and I woke up this morning thinking about it. I am sure not all of the Israelites were clamoring for a King, against the will of their Heavenly King. However, a huge majority of them did think that was the answer because they wanted to be like the other people around them. They got their wish, and it didn't turn out so well. I kind of feel like we are the minority Israelites who are going to suffer the consequences of the idiocy of the majority.

But, we are not going to dwell on this. We have to keep on doing the next right thing.

My happiness, health (ok, maybe health with Obamacare), and salvation do not come from any earthly man. I am going to trust more in my Jesus and His plan, knowing that no matter what happens we will be fine. I am also going to do my part to share his LOVE with all people, and let God take care of the rest.

If your man won, congratulations. If he didn't, pray for peace and enjoy the beauty of this day!

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38