02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Fall Fashion...Here I Come 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fall Fashion...Here I Come

34

It is almost the middle of September and I haven't thought one bit about new fashion.
What is wrong with me? 

I love fall....

....and sweaters

....and boots

.....and tights

......and wearing my jean jacket.

Usually, I can't wait to pick up an item or two to refresh the ole wardrobe. But, this year, I haven't given new fall clothes a second of attention.

Until the September Anthropologie catalog, arrived that is. That got my fashion wheels spinning!

                              

Now, I have to confess that I seldom buy anything from Anthro unless it is reduced, reduced. The store is just too pricey for my blood. However, I love to look at the way their outfits are styled and copy what I think will work for me.

                                                   

I love this red skirt with the chambray shirt. The juxtaposition of fancy skirt and casual shirt is screaming my name. I could wear this outfit most places I go. And I would feel well-dressed.

I'm going to check at Kohl's and my favorite, TJ Maxx, to see if I can find a skirt with a similar vibe. I already own an old chambray shirt. If I don't find another skirt, I will pair the shirt with a skirt I bought last spring at the JCrew Outlet. I might just try that first!

                                                   

I love this outfit, too, and the way it was photographed. Don't you just love the 39? I have a similar dress in blue that I bought a few summers ago, but never really thought about adding a jacket and boots to it. I will this fall!

Granted, these are just two simple outfits-you might not even like them-but they interested me and now I am looking forward to rearranging my closet, wearing a few of my favorite summer things one more time, and then, bring on Fall 2012!

Hugs,


Linking up today to....

Between Naps on the Porch

and 

Debbie Doo's Newby Party

Labels:

35 36 37 38