02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: My Heart and Head are Full 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Heart and Head are Full

34
I am back from the She Speaks conference in North Carolina, and girls, I am full to bursting. If you ever get the chance to attend this event, which is organized by Proverbs 31 ministries, do it. You will be blessed beyond measure.

My friend Lisa and her daughter Lexi went with me, and the blessings and fun began as soon as we left Lisa's driveway. We talked nonstop for the 12+hours we were in the car together and actually got to finish the conversations we started! Can you imagine how special that alone was to us? Most of the time, my girlfriends and I touch on 50,000 topics and never get to talk any of them to the end.

As soon as we arrived and met Lou Ann, immediately connecting and sharing hugs and tears, I suspected this was not going to be an ordinary event for me. And I was not disappointed.




The worship was wonderful.

The messages meaningful.

The break-out sessions bountiful.

I learned so much and I was challenged in ways I never dreamed I would be. There was such a spirit of encouragement over the whole place. I have never seen or felt anything like it.

You know how women can sometimes be a bit competitive and judgmental of one another? I didn't feel any of that one time. Instead of promoting themselves, Jesus was being promoted. Instead of seeking praise for themselves, Jesus was being praised. Instead of taking, taking, taking, I witnessed giving all around me. It was lovely!

We skipped over all the fluff and fakery and got right to the heart of the matter. I learned that we are all broken-hearted over something. It isn't just me. I hope I will remember that and grant more grace to everyone I meet.

I don't seem to have the words to explain the joy of being in the presence of so many "sisters" who love Jesus and want to be used by him.

Let's just say I have never before hugged so much, or been hugged so much, in a four day period!



I came back to reality at the first place we stopped on our way home. I was still all smiles and welcoming to the women in my path at the gas station. The looks on their faces quickly forced me to "come to," and I realized they didn't want to meet me and share stories of our precious Savior and Redeemer. They just didn't care. I don't want to be like that anymore.

I"m going to try to stay on the mountaintop as long as possible, but when I get knocked down by life, I will remember there was a time when I gathered with God's daughters from all over the United States and caught a glimpse of heaven.

Hugs,







Linking up to these parties. Come join the fun!


Debbie's Newby Party
and
Passport to Awesome: Destination Party

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38