02 03 A Vintage Farmwife 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
Pity Gift
                                 

Yesterday, when I went to a friend's house, she gave me this.....



                                                                            
She called it a "pity gift".

She and her 3 daughters give them to each other when something unpleasant happens and they need a little lift.

I was tickled to get it because I really DID need a lift!

Inside, I found.....




Isn't this the cutest candle ever? I love the tea-stained cheesecloth, the old jar, the brown paper label, and the old string. It smells good, too!

PERFECT.


I put in on the shelf in front of my ironstone platter and beside my tan crock-bowl.

I like the idea of a gift-just-because. I'm going to keep my eyes open for someone who could use a pick-me-up and try to pay it forward.

Here's to friends who notice!

Hugs,


Labels: ,

35 36 37 38