02 03 A Vintage Farmwife 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
Around the Farm


I respect people who work hard. I don't care if they have a fancy, schmancy title. Or tons of degrees and letters behind their name. (Don't misunderstand. I respect those people, too!)

I don't know who this is, but isn't he cute?
                                               
I admire people who see what needs to be done and they do it-not for the glory, not even for a big paycheck. They do it because it is the right thing to do, and they take pride in their accomplishments.

Farmers are like that.

Small business owners are like that.

Last night, we witnessed people like that first hand on our farm.


We needed more storage space around here for machinery, so we ordered a new machine shed to be built.

I personally wanted to build a barn, but they just are not practical for the kind of farming we do, so that remains on my want-it-someday list.
I took this pic near Jackson Hole last summer-so beautiful!

The builders were ready to finish putting up the rafters yesterday. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing like crazy and they just couldn't do it.

On our way home from church last night, we noticed lots of light coming from our farm the minute we pulled off the highway, over two miles away.



The crew had rented a huge light and were working like ants.....until 12:30 a.m. I went to sleep with the sound of pounding hammers in the background. It was a surprisingly peaceful noise.


It was fun to watch-

An unusual site out here where the only lights are usually the moon, stars, and farmstead vapor lights.
This is Pearl, our guard dog. She works hard, too.

I feel sorry for those who have never experienced the sense of accomplishment in a job well done, don't you?

Hugs,


Linking up today at....

Imparting Grace

Labels:

35 36 37 38