02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: My Word of the Year is....... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Word of the Year is.......

34




Follower.


Generally, when I hear the word "follower", it has very negative connotations. It brings words to mind like:


 Copycat 
and
Insecure
and
Unoriginal

However, my feelings on this word have changed greatly since I am reading a very thought-provoking and convicting book Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.


not a fan. book

Have you heard about this book? If you are a Christian, I hope you get on Amazon right now and order it.
It is that good, and it is changing the way I think about my walk with Christ.

I don't want to be a person who is only "an enthusiastic admirer" of Jesus.
 I want to be a true follower of Him.

I don't want to be a person who knows about Jesus. 
I want to have a true relationship with him.

I don't want to be someone who is focused on the outside of a person.
I want to see others as Jesus sees them and love them.

I don't want to focus on "the do."
I want to focus on what "He has done."


So, for this year, the word for me will be........

Follower.




The Lettered Cottage

Labels:

35 36 37 38