02 03 A Vintage Farmwife: Cowgirl Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cowgirl Cookies

34
I come from a long line of cookie bakers.

Both of my grandma's and my mom have signature cookie recipes, and I have eaten more delicious cookies in my lifetime than I would want to admit to. I love them!

If I am happy....let's make cookies.
If I am bored....let's make cookies.
If I am stressed or sad or lonely......... You get the idea.

Cowboy Cookies are my boys' favorite cookie and I have made dozens and dozens and dozens of them. Now that we have 3 precious granddaughters, they have changed the name to Cowgirl Cookies and we love to make them together. .

A messy cookbook page is evidence of a great recipe, don't you agree?

Two of my little ones were sick today, so I pulled out my mixer and made them a little chocolate chip comfort.

I just love the way the oldest wrote the name on the recipe. I will have this cookbook page forever!


Here is the recipe:

2 c. sifted flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 c. oatmeal
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Sift together dry ingredients. Blend shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes.

The way I do it:
These keep beautifully in the freezer and I keep them on hand so my farmer can grab a fistful to take with him as he goes about his busy day.

I have been told that these can also be kept in the fridge and baked as needed. I don't trust myself to do that. My sugar demons would get the best of me, so I try to limit my sweet intake to once a week....or twice!



From one cowgirl to another-enjoy!

Labels:

35 36 37 38